Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A flawed perfectionist tendency

I have this habit - whenever I plan to accomplish or am in the midst of a task, and because of circumstances am unable to complete it, my mind stays stuck on it. I get caught in a web of restlessness and gentle obsession and 'deprive' myself of the chance to get something else done, until I can 'settle' the debt I owe myself. Its useful to get certain things done a certain way, but when mismanaged, is a menacing disability. You can call it a perfectionist tendency I possess. No no, I couldn't be further from being an actual perfectionist, I just carry that trait. The quote from my previous entry, captures that part of me, in a way. Why the sudden bout of character revelation? - you guessed it; there is something I have set my mind on doing, but have been unable to get round to for an inordinate amount of time. My chance will come soon I guess, no no, I know so.

"It is inevitable, Mr Anderson"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'll never walk alone

alonso

Mon Jul 31, 11:39:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home