Saturday, June 17, 2006

Its been awhile

Haven't written here in some time; unexpectedly got the luxury of time today so allow me to flex my writing muscles.

Muscles - my vacation job is going well: carrying boxes almost everyday isn't a bad workout, driving around in light-machinery which can launch you about 20feet in the air is cool, plenty of good company around is a bonus, and the chance to learn some stuff about supply-chain management - albeit only one or two links in the 'chain' - is a privilege. Work politics is just inevitable entertainment..haha..

Politics - I'm officially a Political Science Major, the fact that I feel good saying that must mean I made the right choice for myself. We'll see how it goes - preferably upwards.

Upwards - I was on the upper deck of the bus on the way to work yesterday and was travelling parallel to Paya Lebar Airbase - my former stomping ground - which afforded me a view of the runway and the familiar sight of an F-5 and 2 F-16 jets taking off. I've seen many a take-off and landings from a static point, but watching the ascent in motion myself was beautiful - more than any camera angle a Hollywood blockbuster could conjure.

Beautiful - I don't even need to say the Beautiful Game is on the vanguard of all Earthly matters now, but i've been hooked to the song "You're all I have" by Snow Patrol. It only has a decent constant melody but the lyrics are wonderful. The ambience conjured makes it a great song to have in your earphones as you just lay back, all alone, on a windy and starry night by the beach, just staring into space lost in your thoughts and savor the moment.

Lyrics -

"Train this chaos turn it into light,
I've gotta see you one last night,
Before the lions take their share,
Leave us in pieces, scattered everywhere,

Just give me a chance to hold on,
Just give me something to hold onto,

It's so clear now that you are all that I have,
I have no fear cause you are all that I have,

You're cinematic razor sharp,
A welcome arrow through the heart,
Under your skin feels like home,
Electric shocks on aching bones,

Give me a chance to hold on,
Give me a chance to hold on,
Give me a chance to hold on,
Just give me something to hold on, to,

It's so clear now that you are all that I have,
I have no fear cause you are all that I have,

It's so clear now that you are all that I have,
I have no fear cause you are all that I have,

There is a darkness deep in you,
A frightning magic I cling too,

Give me a chance to hold on,
Give me a chance to hold on,
Give me a chance to hold on,
Just give me something to hold on, to,

It's so clear now that you are all that I have,
I have no fear now you are all that I have,
It's so clear now that you are all that I have,
I have no fear now you are all that I have."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home