Talent - God's Gift
Though I'm a Mancunian, I must say i'm happy that Robbie Fowler has rejoined Pool. People may scoff at his move back to the Kop thinking he's over the hill or messed up, but to me, Fowler has something elusive, God- given talent. He was - and still is in terms of ability - one of the most natural finshers in the game. A pure joy to watch. Its a pity he messed up a good part of his career but they say a footballers' best years are when he's in the range of 28-32; Fowler's 30, so its up to him to make it work. He has in a way come full circle and this's his chance at redemption. I know my words may come back to haunt me, but I still want him to play at his best again - its only right.
I consider myself lucky to have seen so many talented players give me joy over the years. The likes of Cantona, Ginola, Le Tissier, Zola, even Sundram. Fandi may be Spore's most successful player to date, but ask him and he'll tell you Sundram was more talented than him. ( not that i've ever asked him that).
"Hazing clouds rain on my head
Empty thoughts fill my ears
Find my shade by the moon light
Why my thoughts aren't so clear
Demons dreaming
Breathe in, breathe in
I'm coming back again"
- Voodoo by Godsmack
I consider myself lucky to have seen so many talented players give me joy over the years. The likes of Cantona, Ginola, Le Tissier, Zola, even Sundram. Fandi may be Spore's most successful player to date, but ask him and he'll tell you Sundram was more talented than him. ( not that i've ever asked him that).
"Hazing clouds rain on my head
Empty thoughts fill my ears
Find my shade by the moon light
Why my thoughts aren't so clear
Demons dreaming
Breathe in, breathe in
I'm coming back again"
- Voodoo by Godsmack
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home