Friday, February 24, 2006

The Sunglass Effect


Hmm..i actually have lots of stuff that i want to put down, but i'll just do one tonight.

Someone recently told me that i have a "sunglass-ed" view of the world. i.e. i tend to view things in a less than positive or even negative way. While that is true to an extent, my interpretation of it is that i have a cautious, critical and opinionated view of the world, which i admit can unfortunately boil over to downright cynical and insensitive.And when i put those views into action, it becomes the Sunglass Effect.(corny..)

I've always been like that since i was a kid, i remember my parents chiding me for being such a "pessimistic" kid. But guess what, i've come to accept and embrace that - to an extent that i can harness it to my advantage. I've accepted it not because i don't have a choice, but because i choose to. It works just fine for me; for now.
The Sunglass Effect isn't all bad, it has unusual perks. To give a literal example, did you know that in certain conditions, my shades allow me to spot rain clouds better than with the naked eye? Haha..laugh if you want, but it kinda works. And translate that to a figurative level if you please.

But experience has taught me that alot of people don't appreciate the sunglass effect. I couldn't care less about things i can't control. I guess the sunglass effect has ironically taught me that i can't use it for everything. I know it has its weaknesses. But as i've said, i'm learning to manage that persona.

But (there is always another 'but' for me), that doesn't mean i will never use it.I have my limits. I have to say this, and i don't mean to sound unpleasant or 'negative', but if anyone ever crossed those limits, i will use it. Just know that a part of me doesn't like the Sunglass Effect, precisely because another part likes it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home