Off - Center
I remember something i told myself last month as i was thinking about my finals. First, of course, was to get through the finals, which i have. But there was one more important thing i promised to do for myself after the finals, something potentially more crucial than my studies. I'm not saying what it is ( and i'm not saying what i think of what you think about it) , but i knew it was going to be harder to accomplish than studying. I kept reminding myself of it every single day even as the finals drew nearer. I also knew it wouldn't be easy to carry out once the time actually came. And surely enough, i lost sight of it amidst the 'brouhaha' of the holidays.
But today reminded me of it, and the task at hand is back in the center of my mind where it belongs. And a tune to keep it there.
Jars of Clay - Lift Me Up
"Rain, rain on my face
It hasn’t stopped raining for days
My world is a flood
Slowly I become one with the mud
But if I can’t swim after forty days
And my mind is crushed by the thrashing waves
Lift me up so high that I cannot fall
Lift me up
Lift me up - when I’m falling
Lift me up - I’m weak and I’m dying
Lift me up - I need you to hold me
Lift me up - keep me from drowning again
Downpour on my soul
Splashing in the ocean, I’m losing control
Dark sky all around
I can’t feel my feet touching the ground
Calm the storms that drench my eyes
Dry the streams still flowing
Cast down all the waves of sin
And guilt that overthrow me
Lift me up - when I’m falling
Lift me up - I’m weak and I’m dying
Lift me up - I need you to hold me
Lift me up - keep me from drowning again
But today reminded me of it, and the task at hand is back in the center of my mind where it belongs. And a tune to keep it there.
Jars of Clay - Lift Me Up
"Rain, rain on my face
It hasn’t stopped raining for days
My world is a flood
Slowly I become one with the mud
But if I can’t swim after forty days
And my mind is crushed by the thrashing waves
Lift me up so high that I cannot fall
Lift me up
Lift me up - when I’m falling
Lift me up - I’m weak and I’m dying
Lift me up - I need you to hold me
Lift me up - keep me from drowning again
Downpour on my soul
Splashing in the ocean, I’m losing control
Dark sky all around
I can’t feel my feet touching the ground
Calm the storms that drench my eyes
Dry the streams still flowing
Cast down all the waves of sin
And guilt that overthrow me
Lift me up - when I’m falling
Lift me up - I’m weak and I’m dying
Lift me up - I need you to hold me
Lift me up - keep me from drowning again
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home