Monday, December 12, 2005

Dis-appointment

That (title) seemed to be the recurring theme to my Sunday; and since i have no life except soccer, naturally they are soccer -related.

Just watched United draw against Everton, an absolutely pathetic response to being dumped out of Europe. But i think the point is that this is a different United, an inferior 'in-transition' version. With all due respect, Alex Ferguson has lost the plot and it'd be best he go at the end of this season. I simply cannot understand how what was once the absolute dominant football club in the world managed to committ so many glaring errors of judgement over the years. I'm not alluding to the hostile Glazer takeover or any other off-field crap. Simply put, Sir Alex and many of the players failed on the pitch, where it matters the most. I'm seriously considering writing a paper on the sad decline of my beloved United. Its so heartbreaking i have had to resort to 'numbing' myself, to not expect anything out of this shambles of a squad and just patiently wait for a team that will do justice to the United brand of football.

Moving on,the surprisingly fine weather allowed me to play soccer today morning. I think i've whined about how i don't like to play with people who don't match or exceed my level of passion and committment. Being mediocre myself, i like to play with people who are in some way or manner better than me: technically, tactically,psychologically, physiologically, whatever.If not, regardless of ability, adopt a positive attitude and play hard. I think its only fair.

I know this may sound selfish or rude, but this's my blog and i can say whatever the fuck i want. I was very disappointed with the attitude of some of my friends today, particularly one.But this is not a personal attack, just my frank opinion.I won't say more. Actually, i've always been rather disappointed overall to be frank, but i know its not right of me to expect anything from anyone else. "To each his own" the saying goes. But i won't walk away from my team because there are people in it worth playing with.

Besides, i know of someone who walked away from the team because he felt the standard of play and committment was too low. But when he came back to play with us not too long ago, he hadn't improved a bit.

Oh well, that was my two cents worth.. But as Chicken Little said: "Today is a new day"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tapi build the team around world-beater darren fletcher mah..chong beng lor...it all started with the sale of stam...




your father,
alonso

Mon Dec 12, 11:23:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home