Nandha's conversation with God

[On the way back home, a very sian and tired Nandha dozes off in the train, and has the following conversation with God, yes Him. He hasn't has the best of days recently and is in a state of ennui]
Nandha: Eh, what the hell is happening? (looks around bemused)
God: Mind the 'H' word around Me, my boy.
N: Where am i and who the fish are you?
G: Simple, I'm God and this is one of my hangouts.
N: No way,this must be my dream la..prove you're God
G: I don't need to prove myself to anyone, especially you, you whiner. I'll cut to the chase - I am God. We are in the highlands of the holy Sinai Protectorate in Egypt. And we are here cos you make too much noise in your head and with your mouth, and i can't sleep cos of that, so i've brought you here hoping to shut you up.
N: Really..hmm..this is still probably only a dream (or a blog entry) but what the heck, i'll play along.
G: .....(glares at Nandha) Think whatever you want
N: I can do that? Do what I WANT? Pardon me sir, but this human existence you've created is one big piece of shit..i mean mess. I feel like a drone just going through the motions everyday because i have to. If it were up to me, i'd tell everyone around me to fuck off and just leave.
G: leave and do what? (surprisingly calmly)
N: I don't know, that's my point. I like my life to be empty enough so i don't know what i'm doing tomorrow. Where my favorite place is where i've never been before, my favorite activity something that blows me away everytime, and my favorite person someone who truly gets me. Maybe your much earlier versions of the world like the renaissance or the medieval were much more meaningful. But not this one to me..I feel like i'm in the Matrix, assume you've watched the movie?
G: Yes, i did, not too shabby.My job is not to satisfy. I created Man with the ability to adapt to his surroundings and do what has to be done to survive.
N: So are you implying that we have power to choose our own destiny? That my life can be what i want it to be and if i work hard and work smart i can succeed and die happily and blah blah blah?
G: I didn't imply anything like that.
N: So is it like everyone has a fixed path to tread from the cradle to the grave and whatever happens, happens. And we are only alive to find out why it happens? If we get it- ok. If we don't- tough?!
G: Watch your tongue boy, you've said and done alot of things you shouldn't have in your life.
N: Aww come on..gimme a break..look i know i've not been the best i can be. Believe me, i want to be and i believe in it. But i am human as you would know. Its just that i can't keep up that attitude up all the time. You've given me a dual- personality, one that i'm struggling to cope with. One moment i'm at peace and happy and positive, and the next, i'm freaking mad or pissed at something. its like mild schizophrenia.It's not doing me much good i must tell you.
G: I gave you a thing, but i didn't tell you what its for or how to use it. I let things decide for themselves.
N: What?! So who's in control? You?Me?Nobody?Everybody? its arbitrary?! what is the fucking answer?! (gesticulates wildly)
G: That is for me to know and for you to find out.
N: Ya great! An ambiguous one-liner...lucky for me, i don't normally give up that easily. But this 'thing' you've given me, its restricted me alot especially when it comes to people.
G: Ah ha..
N: But that's my own problem to resolve. Besides, i bet you already know what is going to happen to me. But i won't ask. I'm just a bit too sick and tired to bother. But i must thank you for bothering about me..sometimes i feel like.. (looks around very puzzled)
[PA System: Next stop, Sengkang]
[pissed that he misses Hougang station yet again,but kinda pleased with the dream he had, Nandha trudges off the train]
( The contents in Nandha's conversation with God may or may not apply to him.Or, they may partially. Which means they could apply to someone else, or everyone, or maybe nobody, partially or wholly.)
3 Comments:
test test
dey i've learnt something which might be useful to you...
"don't get too attached to anything, nor anyone for that matter, for we came into this world with nothing, and we shall leave this world with nothing."
hope that helps...
By your father,
Alonso (14)
aiyo Father ah!! we came into this world with nothing and leave with nothing tt's y ALL THE MORE we shld make the most outta our time in this world!! there MUST be a reason why we came into this world! but den again that's just my pt of view laaaaaaaaaaa
fmus1
Post a Comment
<< Home